Sunday, March 28, 2010

ipad

Of course, I can not leave the ipad out of my blog. Some love it and others hate it. Around OCAD, I've heard from my fellow students that they hate it and think it's crap. Maybe once they try it and experience it, they may change their minds. Myself, I have yet to try it of course but I feel that perhaps there's more to this technology then what is presented in the ipad it's self.

Basically, the ipad isn't anything we haven't seen before, in reality and in sci-fi. We have touch screens in daily services, such as bank machines and we have seen the movies where someone types information into a computerized tablet that their holding in their arms.

The thing about the ipad that people are asking about is, what can it do that my iphone and laptop can't do? It seems people aren't blown away by the ipad to the point of using it to replace or upgrade with what they have already. But maybe thats not the point of the ipad. The ipad gives the user a larger screen for other applications and uses. Its not as limiting as a iphone's screen, you could play video games on a ipad I'm sure and the screen is bigger, making it better suited for games. Also the screen's size makes it better suited for presentation purposes. While a laptop is a practical machine for a designer's work and can display it as well, so can the ipad. I wonder if it operates like the Microsoft surface table. What a way to impress the client.

While I strongly doubt I'll be getting the ipad, I would prefer a new, 17" screen MAC laptop, I feel it is something to take a good look at to see where this technology can go.

Below are the 2 links that inspired this entry...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20001276-1.html

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/industry/4217348.html

No comments:

Post a Comment